Sponsoring Parents & Grandparents

  • If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident you may be eligible to sponsor your parents or grandparents to Canada, which will allow them to obtain their permanent residency status.

  • There must be a sponsor and/or co-sponsor for your parents and grandparents to come to Canada.
  • Both the person sponsoring a relative and the person wishing to immigrate to Canada must meet certain requirements.

  • There are strict income requirements along with being financially responsible for your parents or grandparents.

💡Tips for Dependent Child sponsoring:

👵🏼the Canadian government introduced a lottery system on a first-come-first-serve basis for the sponsorship program (the lottery opens once a year or on-demand);

💰you need to demonstrate your 3 years income proving that you can financially support your loved once, this must be done by providing a Notice of Assessment;

📝Notice of Assessment from CRA must meet your family size and family size is very important;

🕒every day counts, be very mindful of the time you have

Schedule a consultation today

We are ready to help you at any time convenient for you no matter where you are.
Your consultation will be held either online or in-person.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, virtual meetings are preferred.

Got questions?

Check out our FAQs section to find out more about immigration to Canada.

Sandra Bowen Immigration Frequently Asked Questions