Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

  • is given if you are otherwise inadmissible but have a reason to travel to Canada that is justified in the circumstances;

  • is usually issued for the length of your visit to Canada — for example, 1 week to attend a conference, but in some circumstances, it may be issued for up to one year;

  • a temporary resident permit may be issued to inadmissible applicants based on criminal inadmissibility or other reasons.

    For more information and assistance with your temporary resident permit, please contact us directly.

Want to know if you qualify?

Fill out our assessment form to find out if you are eligible for a visa, TRP, study, or work permit!

💡Tips for TRP:

The reasons for being inadmissible might be:

🕵🏽past or current criminal record;
🚫immigration violations (e.g. misrepresentation of your information in the application);
💸financial concerns;
💊medical issues.

If you manage to obtain TRP, you can also work or study in Canada, however, you will also need to apply and obtain study or work permit. In order to receive TRP, you must demonstrate a solid proof that you have a valid reason to enter Canada (family, work, etc.).

Schedule a consultation today

We are ready to help you at any time convenient for you no matter where you are.
Your consultation will be held either online or in-person.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, virtual meetings are preferred.

Got questions?

Check out our FAQs section to find out more about immigration to Canada.

Sandra Bowen Immigration Frequently Asked Questions